Lunch in Ping'An

I sure thought it smelt weird...
I mean, I've been smelling all kinds of smells since I've been here but this was different !


As we walked across the village of Ping'An, there was a dead pig, just laying there...

...we knew we were going to be having lunch soon...


I knew I wasn't going to have meat, I'm a vegetarian... the other ones started thinking...

... especially after we came across this !!

(yeah... you might not like all the pictures below..!)


As we kept on walking, another group of men were cleaning their pigs right in the middle of the pathway !

Okay... I know this is disgusting... it's just to show you how close we had to get!
I plugged my nose, closed one eye, kept the other one open to make sure I didn't trip and fall in the pig... and randomly snapped a picture !


This is China, beautiful and surprising!
You never really know what to expect!



6 comments:

  1. Holly Green Beans! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Chelsea! Vo used to kill pigs at Menedes like that.... but not in the middle of the street! YUK!!!
    Love Va

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait until your Mom comes to visit and sees this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures really should make all meat eaters think twice before picking up their knife for dinner ! But for the rest of the pictures, it´s very interesting to have a look at daily life in China. Keep going ! Kind regards from Lieselotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chelsea. I'm Annie down in Turlock, CA. Your mom and I have met a couple of times. Now I have the pleasure of following YOUR adventures in China. Say hi to your mom for me when your folks arrive in a few days. AMB, Annie

    ReplyDelete